Carbon monoxide (CO2) is a dangerous and toxic gas produced when fossil fuels (such as gas or oil) are not burned completely. This is often the case in boilers, heaters or ovens that have been incorrectly installed, poorly maintained, neglected, damaged, or when ventilation for them is blocked.
Because of the dangers posed by carbon monoxide it is important to protect yourself and your family. While carbon monoxide alarms are useful, the best defence is to ensure that your gas boiler and appliances are in good working order. This can best be achieved by having them regularly serviced by a Gas Safe registered heating engineer.
Bramshaw Heating and Plumbing are Gas Safe registered heating engineers who can carry out inspection and boiler repairs in Sidmouth and across Devon.
Neglected or improperly maintained boilers are one of the mani causes of carbon monoxide poisoning
What are the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning? [Read more]